Fusion: [>>] Fast Forward

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

[>>] Fast Forward

I like the weather today - it's cold and rainy outside. Perfect for relaxation, a lot of cuddling and just lying in bed. Well, I don't have anyone to cuddle with, so scrap that idea. It's been raining all night since yesterday and I kinda like the idea of just staying at home, watching tv and talking on the phone. But heck, it's so not me.

There are days that I just wanna bum around the house or go out with friends, hang out wherever and do nothing productive. But when I realize how much time (and money) I'd waste doing that, I'd rather not. Though I still spend a good amount of fortune (hah!) on relaxation and fun, I still know that I'm doing that to reward myself and take a piece of my hard-earned money to save myself from going nuts. So I go gallivanting.

Two days ago, I received a phone call from one of my previous clients who now works for two different call centers in the metro. She is the fiance of my client in the company that I currently work for (fyi - both of them were previously my clients but the girl moved out). She recommended me to her present company's VP to be her Assistant Manager in the two call centers that they operate (good stuff, why not?!). She asked me if I am available any day of the week for an interview since Tim (the VP) will be leaving the country on Saturday. And so I told her, "certainly not Tuesday or Thursday because I have important meetings on those days" (which incidentally, are meetings with his fiance - my client). "How about Wednesday @9pm?", she said. Without second thoughts, I said "Sounds good."

Today is that day. Rainy and gloomy. Perfect for relaxation, a lot of cuddling and... kzzzttt! Drop that idea, altogether. I am going. I am chasing this opportunity and going the extra mile. Whatever the future holds for me, I am willing to embrace. I just realized that there are a lot of good things life has to offer. And life never ceases to present opportunities to help us be better persons and live better lives. I also realized that there are people who believes in me. There are people who appreciates me for what I am and for what I have been when I was with them. And for this, I will be forever grateful.

I may not make it to this company considering the fact that there may be better persons, more qualified than I am. I am aware of that reality. But I will do my very best to show everyone what I am made of, and why I deserve to be where I want to be. It's a date.

I am looking forward to this day with great enthusiasm and faith in myself and with other people. I am looking forward to something that could change my life - forever. If I don't make it, I will definitely try again. Maybe in some other place, some other time and some other venue. And I will definitely not stop from reaching my dreams.

And if I do make it, I will see you. And I will reach my hand out for you to shake.
Congratulate me. I deserve it don't I? Teehee.

Goodluck Earvin!!! Show them what you got!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home