Fusion: Shifting Sands

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Shifting Sands

My life has been literally a roller coaster ride for the past few months. There are days that I feel ecstatic - missed heartbeats and all, and there are some where I wish my heart would stop beating, finally.

Within the last eight months, I experienced the most heart wrenching corporate experiences and the most mind wrecking decisions that I had to make in life. I feel that this is the time to tell my story. And it doesn't end where the period in this short essay would be..

I left home in September to chase my dreams. I left the comforts of our home to find a place in Manila where a promise of greener pasture was waiting. I followed my heart and my dreams. I took the job without hesitation and tried my best to make it on my own. I later found out that I jumped into a complete mess. The top executives of the company that I worked with had some disagreements with the person who took me in the company. She was axed from her post for an unknown reason and the same thing happened to me two weeks after.

And so I lost my 'dream job'. I was left to pay for a rent they promised to pay while I was employed with them. I signed a year contract to lease with the unit owner prior to my employment and I didn't know how to finish paying fifteen thousand per month when it was barely two months since I moved in. It was a total disaster.

With the help from friends who kept me sane during those most trying times, and from God who provided me enough strength to make it through, I was able to land another job. Not the job that I wanted but a salary good enough to make me pay my rent. I stayed there for two months before another break came by.

It was January this year where I was offered a position that I wanted and in line with my experience and knowledge. There were two opportunities to choose from and I chose the one where my friends were already working. The challenges were a plenty and tough but I faced them head on. I continue to face these challenges daily and wish that I'll be given more strength to face them. There are days that going to work becomes a drag but it's the need that motivates me to keep on going.

I stood alone for eight months without seeking financial help from my parents. I believe that I am mature enough to make decisions on my own and make it. I guess I am still at a learning curve. Some missed opportunities and some lost chances... but definitely not lost hope. I have faith in myself and ultimately to the one who's been with me althrought this journey.

I received a text message over the weekend which can summarize all the things that I have experienced so far and reminded me of the single most important thing that we humans tend to miss.. "if we have everything in life, would we still look up to heaven?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home