Fusion: Postcards

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Postcards

I was on my way home yesterday when I heard the song "Postcard from Heaven" by Lighthouse Family playing on the radio inside the jitney I rode going home. It was already along the chorus line when I realized that I was singing it really loud when I accidentally (read: not purposely haha!) looked at the rearview mirror and saw this young woman looking at me. I bowed my head and laughed in shame. But then again, I loved the song and I went on singing it again.. I didn't care, it brought a lot of memories...

'..so it's best that you don't try holding back the tide...'

I've lost a lot of friends in this lifetime, the reasons are quite diverse: went overseas, changed address, simply lost contact and some... died. For some of those who went overseas or just changed addresses, we still keep contact via phone call. The most interesting way is through postcards. Through those, I can see places where I haven't been and wonder when I'll be seeing those places. For those who died an untimely death ( and I pray that their sould rest in peace) I couldn't stop wishing that they, too, will send me postcards. I want to see how heaven looks like and how they're doing out there. Or if they are somewhere where I wouldn't want to be, I wanna see what it looks like too... perhaps if people would see both worlds, they would make the right choices in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home